Co-Chair, Support and Development Network
Committee Chair, 2013 Annual Conference Event
Editor, Bi-Annual Newsletter
Co-Editor and Reviewer, Journal of Emerging Dance Scholarship
- Designed website and online social networking platform to streamline sharing of education and industry information through collaborative online networking and documentation tools and practices
- Increased membership enrollment 200% in first 6 months through design and administration of new outreach and advertising campaigns
- Sourced network of contributors and designed/ established professional bi-annual newsletter to keep members apprised of past, current, and future organization and industry news and opportunities
- Responsible for administration of the upcoming 2013 annual conference in Vancouver, B.C. with over 100 paper and performance presentations from members across the Americas
Choreography: Mary Lynn Babcock in collaboration with Dancers
Set and Projection Design: Scott Martin
Performers: Kihyoung Choi, Cassie Farzan Panah, Amiti Perry, Taryn Tompkins
Photos: Milton Adams
Shade is a place of shelter unraveled through broken lines and arrhythmic gestures fighting for balance through counterbalance. An afterthought, a memory, a deep knowing that the edge of another side is home…inside….
Dance Critic, Dallas Morning News
- Develops and produces statistical and analytical reports that support decision making functions and planning by coordinating and implementing University-adopted Institutional Effectiveness practices
- Investigates and implements new technologies and methodologies that advance improved information gathering, analyzing, presentation, and transmission
- Interprets data from a variety of sources and develops presentations for varying audiences
- Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators in the area of institutional effectiveness, educational research, trend analysis, and student enrollment analysis
- Completes surveys and reports related to SACS, discipline-specific accreditation, admission, and grant proposals
- Maintains Academic Affairs website
- Provides executive administrative and project management support to the Senior Associate Provost
- Continues majority of responsibilities and duties assigned as Research Assistant from 2008-2010
As part of the World Dance Alliance – Americas new Support and Development Network’s outreach campaign, I redesigned the aesthetic and developed a more user driven model of information to disseminate to the organization’s membership. The newsletter was received with great response.
Click Here for the complete newsletter
As part of the World Dance Alliance – Americas new Support and Development Network’s outreach campaign, I redesigned the WDA-A website around the content management system WordPress. This allowed for easy access, updating, and content support through a friendly interface which does not require deep knowledge of web design. Additionally membership processing, management, and payments were streamlined. This new platform allows for more shared management by WDA-A administration.
Click Here to visit the website.
- Provided executive administrative and project management support to the Senior Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
- Compiled and analyzed institutional data for internal projects, Institutional Research, and national graduate surveys
- Collaborated with other academic units on University wide initiatives
- Benchmarked comparable policy and procedures for University
- Spearheaded University wide “Global Perspectives Inventory” survey for the President
- Verified eligibility of graduate teaching assistants
- Planned and coordinated special events
- Represented Graduate School at admission and research events
- Designed promotional materials and assisted with Graduate School website
- Assisted incoming and current graduate students with questions and concerns, and provided first contact phone support
- Reconciliation of budgets
- Coded and corrected student data in G-media and Datatel/Colleague systems
- Provided administrative and management support for Graduate Faculty projects
- Prepared physical and visual presentational materials for meetings
- Maintained digital and physical organizational systems
Image Source: www.twu.edu/twunews/photos.asp
“…the mission of the Department of Dance is to prepare liberally-educated and socially responsible dance professionals (artists, educators and scholars) who are well grounded in the practice, theories and contexts of dance. To achieve this mission the Department of Dance provides a comprehensive liberal arts-based program and fosters an environment in which individuals, particularly women, are encouraged to develop artistic excellence, integrity and social responsibility, prepare for careers in the dance field and explore their leadership potential.” -2010-11 M.F.A Handbook
Invited Editor/Reviewer for the World Dance Alliance 2010 Summit.
Live and virtual intimate players of power entangled in cyber-space. An intermedia, dance entwined with real-time manipulation of digital media. Dancers- real and virtual ravel, rangle, and unravel ambiguous zones of space!
Isadora software, multi-media set design, and intermedia integration consultation
The Ride - Vista Dances - NWVC